Course Policies and Procedures
Cost of Courses
- The Education Department will determine the cost of each course after a thorough cost analysis has been done. This cost analysis will take into consideration the cost of the initial licensing or sponsor fee, the instructor fee, instructor’s expenses (room, meals and transportation), room rental, written material, marketing of the course and refreshments.
- All costs will be kept to a minimum without sacrificing the quality of the course.
- Members of the Memphis Area Association of REALTORS® are entitled to a lower course tuition than non-members. In order to receive this tuition, the registrant must be a member in good standing.
Cancellation by MAAR
MAAR reserves the right to cancel any course upon notification of registrants. If such a case should occur, the full amount of the course will be refunded to the registrant (credit card or refund check, whichever may be the case).
Cancellation by Student
- Registrants have a right to cancel a course any time prior to the beginning of the course.
- In the case of a free course, registrations who fail to cancel prior to the beginning of the course will be charged a $15 fee.
- Cancellation can be made by:
- sending a letter to: 6393 Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN 38119
- calling: 901.658.2100
- sending a fax to: 901.761.4003
- e-mailing: O'Hara Keszler
- Full refund will be given to registrants who cancel a course any time prior to the beginning of the course. Registrants who attempt a refund up to five (5) business days following the course will not be given a refund, but may apply the tuition to another course of equal value.
- Registrants who attempt a refund after five (5) business days are denied a refund or transfer of tuition. Any appeals after five (5) business days must be submitted in writing and will be considered by the MAAR Education Foundation at their next meeting. All decisions of the MAAR Education Foundation are final and binding.
Ways to Register
- Online through individual course registration links on the course calendar.
- Telephone – Call 901.685.2100 and have credit card information ready. (Amex not accepted)
- Fax – A registration form may be faxed along with credit card information to 901.761.4003.
- Mail – A registration form may be sent along with credit card information or a check made out to MAAR Education Foundation. The address is MAAR Education Foundation, 6393 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38119.
- E-mail – Registration information, including course name and date, cost of course, your name, address and credit card information may be e-mailed to O'Hara Keszler.