Commercial Council Membership
How To Join
Membership in the MAAR Commercial Council is FREE to REALTOR®
and Institute Affiliate members of the Memphis Area Association of REALTORS®
. Simply fill out a membership application
. Corporate Affiliate members are also welcome and may join by completing this Affiliate application.
MAAR Commercial Council members receive discounted subscription fees to the MAAR CDX. Please contact Liza Creech, 877.628.5300 for information on how to subscribe to Memphis’s only locally governed and proactively researched property data exchange.
The MAAR Commercial Council enhances business opportunities for its members through:
- MAAR CDX – A locally-controlled and fully-researched database powered by Xceligent, Inc. Xceligent is a nationwide provider of cost-effective, accurate, and timely listing and research information specifically for the commercial real estate industry. The comprehensive data exchange brings critical business information about listings, tenants, sales comparables, mapping, and aerials to commercial real estate professionals in markets of all sizes.
- EDUCATION - Enhanced commercial content programming to provide the services and programs needed to be competitive and to focus on economic issues and commercial business trends that affect commercial performance.
- ETHICS - Promotion and maintenance of high ethical standards of conduct in the commercial real estate profession.
- GRIEVANCE - The Commercial Grievance Committee, comprising solely commercial practitioners, will enforce commercial ethics through the NAR Code of Ethics for professional conduct.
- PINNACLE AWARDS - The Pinnacle Awards will exclusively honor MAAR Commercial Council members for noteworthy sales and leasing performance. Find out more.
- GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS - The Commercial Issues Subcommittee of MAAR's Governmental Affairs Committee will provide legislative advocacy regarding commercial issues (at least 50 percent of REALTORS® Political Action Committee funds support commercial real estate).
- PROMOTION - Fosters cooperation, camaraderie and goodwill within the commercial community through social functions designed to encourage commercial networking and promotion of commercial properties.
- COORDINATION - Increased commercial member awareness of MAAR's Commercial Institute affiliate chapters (CCIM, CRE, IREM, RLI and SIOR) while coordinating their efforts for the benefit of all commercial members.
- COLLABORATION - Promotes collaboration among top executives of Memphis commercial real estate firms to promote issues and agendas of mutual interest.
- Monthly MAAR Commercial Council e-newsletter
- Use of MAAR facilities free of charge
- Exclusive online access to commercial industry news, legislative updates and the largest real estate library in the world through the NAR Web site
Affliate Member Program
Become a part of the MAAR Commercial Council Affiliate Program and see an unbelievable return on your investment. The Council exclusively serves the Memphis area commercial real estate community, including commercial developers, commercial and affiliate brokers, property managers and other related commercial real estate professionals. The Council is designed to foster cooperation, camaraderie and goodwill within the commercial community through business and social functions designed to encourage commercial networking.